Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, July 6, 2012

New Addition to the Shop

In my last post I mentioned buying a box to open while waiting for the 4th of July Swap.  That box happened to be the newest tool in the shop.  It is an Abrasive Cabinet or sandblasting cabinet.  In my quest for better ways to make knives this will be used to attach handles to the knives better.  Along with sandblasting the knife blade handle area, I have invested in the Top-of-the-Line adhesive.  From this point forward all my knives and jewelry will be put together using Brownell's Acraglas.  This is THE stuff. 

Testing was done on many epoxies and glues in "Glue Wars" on knife forums and one thing was determined.  Most of the glues and epoxies worked much better when the handle area of the blade was sandblasted.  It made adhesion tougher and stronger.  So that is what I will do to take my work to the next level.  Everyone will benefit from this.


Now I just have to get to work on the orders I have.  Luckily it isn't very hot in the shop. HaHaHaHa!!!!  Going to try this out this weekend and hopefully everything will go well.  I have some traps that need some sandblasting to get them back in shape.  Want to get them working to keep the fox at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment