Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Look What The Postman Brought

Yesterday afternoon was just like most afternoons.  Sit down for a few minutes after work, before taking care of any more work I have to do.  Oh wait...I was actually sitting down and working on four sheaths that need to be completed.  Any way, Leslie walks up to check the mail and comes back with a box for ME.  The label is from Maine and upon tearing into that baby with reckless abandon, I discover a beautiful knife inside.  It is a knife from my friend Dick.  This knife is 9.250" long with a 4" cutting edge and made out of O1.  The handle is diamondwood and it also has diamondwood bolsters.  WOW!!!  What a great knife.  I'm showing it off to whoever will look at it.  (Bottom knife in pic)




I just wanted to show what I've done to my newest KITH knife.  Some minor modifications were done to it to fit the sheath and to feel more comfortable in my hand.  The handle area was worked on to fit my hand.  I prefer more contours in the handles, and a little grinding was all it needed.  The knife didn't fit in the sheath that was sent along.  The guard area was ground down even with the edge of the blade and then it fit really well.  There is one spot that has to be filled in but that is so minor.  Like I said before this knife is going in my pack to roam the woods with.

Oh, see that rope in the picture?  That is a "David Sling" that I made from simple jute cording.  All you do is braid three 12 foot pieces together in a certain way.  Then you sling rocks at stuff.  What could be more fun?  Check out Slinging.org for more information on how to make your own primitive food gathering device.





No comments:

Post a Comment