Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

What's New?





I've been trying to get shop time in as much as possible. Along with the order for Donna came a bunch of cut out blanks. Going to build a lot of EDC(Every Day Carry) knives this year since the smaller ones seem to go out the door quicker. They will mostly be set up with kydex sheaths because they retain the knives very well. Another knife I'm making is the P.A.T. Knife which stands for Pat's Altoids Tin Knife. These are made, without handles, to fit in an altoids tin that so many people use for mini survival kits. Leslie fell in love with them right away and hers will be the first.

I started on a huge chopping knife for myself. This thing is really a beast and it is taking forever to grind all that material off. The sheaths I recently made for myself fit my mini bowie and the Xmas KITH knife I received. Both sheaths were firsts for me. The sheath for the mini bowie is made for horizontal carry and the sheath for the KITH knife is a dangler.

On one of the forums is a Military Build Off. Aldo supplied the steel for 50 knives to be cut out by water jet and these were passed on to volunteer knife makers to grind the blades. Then either the maker could heat treat themselves or Peter's HT volunteered to do it. I was first going to do it myself but opted for Peter's so I could send along a knife of my own to check out his work.

The purpose of the build off was to gift custom made knives to new recruits or family members in the Marines. The knife I make will be going to newly decorated Sgt. Edmundson prior to his special operations training that starts in May of this year. Pictures will be forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment