Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Update



A little update for the knives I have been working on. As you can see the filet knife has been heat treated. Have to grind a little more off to clean it up and get the handles going. I believe I'm going to use my jade green G11 material for this knife.

In the other picture are non profit works.

The largest of the three is my personal EDC knife. It's made from 1/8" 52100 ball bearing steel. This blade was triple quenched before tempering. Handle material is some beautiful unknown burl wood with a clear Danish oil finish. The sheath will be made of kydex and will be able to be worn in 3 configurations...Neck, Belt Upright and Belt Horizontal.

The middle knife is a gift. It's made from 1095 and the handle is my homemade psychedelic micarta. It will also have a kydex sheath.

The tiny little knife is for my wonderful wife. It is actually my P.A.T. knife with burl handles on. I hope folks like the plain version because it still takes as much work to handle one of these as it does a large knife. So I won't really be offering this on my tables.

Besides these knives I have about 14 on the bench and more off to the side. I'm going to try to finish 6-10 of them for my first show of the year...Blooming Arts Festival. Keep you posted.

So I try to check out other blogs and found TheBackyardPioneer.blogspot.com. Mike there posts stuff almost every day with reviews of books, links to other blogs and general articles about homesteading. He had a drawing a few weeks ago and I won a book on how to make money from your garden. Hoping to glean some wisdom from it to help offset the seed costs every year. Thanks Mike for the Giveaway! It is appreciated.

Not only did I check his blog out, but he also checked mine out. He first inquired about a custom knife and I think he may someday purchase one from me. Anyway...He wants to interview me for his blog. He says he does a 5 question interview. I am looking forward to answering his questions, as long as they aren't about the late 70's. Hopefully I can put the link here so y'all can check it out. Talk at ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment