Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Red Eye

A horrible thing happened to my little red dog. At the end of the first week in January Leslie and I noticed Red’s right eye was fogging up. Took her in to the vet and he gave her some antibiotic ointment to put in her eye. Well about a week later we noticed it get worse so I took her back to see the vet. Another medication. This time he added a powerful dilater to put in with the ointment. Not sure how well it’s working because her eye is still glazed over. It’s just not quite as bad a before.

One Friday, Leslie said her right eye was blurry. When I looked I noticed it was totally dilated. We kind of freaked and called a local eye doctor and asked if he could look at her eye. When he found out that the drops she put in the dogs eye had a red cap he walked her out of the office and said that she must have rubbed a little bit into her eye. She should be fine in a couple days, and she was.


After more than 3 weeks putting meds in the dogs eye, I’m thinking that it isn’t going to get better and she might be blind in one eye. It stinks but she can still see and I’ll be taking her with me to my camp soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment