Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Monday, January 16, 2012

End Of Another Good Year


Not long after receiving my KITH knife and the Sunday after Clifton’s Stroll Through Xmas I came down with an uncommon (for me) cold. This dang thing was nice enough to allow me to work but nasty enough to keep me down the rest of the time.

So on the 29th of December Leslie talked me into going out hunting for the first time in over two weeks. She has been hunting most days. I made it for 1 ½ hours. The next day I got to my stand by 3:00 and did my best to stay quiet and keep my attention up. Only a couple squirrels romped around for the first two hours. With less than 10 minutes left from the bottom of the hollow came the sound of the footsteps of a deer. I see the body move in a purposeful gait. It is lost for a moment in the tangles. Before I know it the deer is alongside me not 15 yards away. One antler is all I can see. I mentally ask the deer if I can take him and he puts his head down to eat. BANG! My shot is good and there will be venison in the freezer this year. One antler is all he had, and am very thankful for his snacrifice.

So ends another year-2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment