Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Tusks and Boogers




Tusks- A while ago, I showed the scrimshawed sperm whale tooth to my friend Dan Shaw and he expressed interest in making a trade for a pre ban tusk that he had. You might be able to see it's broken, but to me it is some nice handle material. I was happy to trade and can’t wait to see it on a knife. Maybe I’ll make the knife that actually inspired me to make my first knife. It was a blued hunter with wrought iron bolsters and ivory handles that was raffled in a magazine back in the ‘90s. Who knows? Do I need another knife? YES!
Dan also makes these cool walnut boxes with burl tops that a knife just might fit into. He offered a few to me for help in finishing them. Dang I like to barter and trade. What have you got that I can use? They will look cool on my show table.



Boogers- For the gift exchange at the city shop I got Boogers(Jason) name to buy for. I grabbed a knife blank off the bench and cut up some G11 for the handles cuz they are booger green. It is a 6” EDC with G11 handles and copper pins & thong tube. The sheath for it was done in leather even though kydex was my first choice. That little knife sharpened up real nice. Hope he likes it and uses it. Paul drew my name and got me a Camo Jacket. Dee gave me a Carl Schlieper Sodbuster knife with yellow delrin handles and brass liners. Another wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment