Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Thanksgiving


So much has happened in the last 6 weeks that I have to be thankful for. The best thing first. It's 7a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 17th. I get a call from my daughter. She is getting ready to go to the hospital to deliver her first baby. The baby can't seem to wait cuz he's a month and a day early. Milwaukee here I come! Airline tickets were purchased, and the trip north started about 1:00p.m. By the time I got to Nashville airport she already delivered Little Bobby aka Robert Patrick Olin at 3:05p.m. My plane touched down in Milwaukee at 8:45 and I was picked up by my son Sam. We headed to the hospital where I got to see my beautiful new grandbaby, my daughter Jessie and Bob. The baby was so small and seemed so fragile but he caught on to that feeding thing pretty quick. He only weighed in at 5 pound 2ounces. Both baby and mother were in great health...such a relief. Life is very precious. Bobby spent a week in the hospital to make sure he was ready to face that big ol' world out there. He's right in track and growing like a weed. Can't wait to see him again. I miss y'all a lot.


I spent the next few days buzzing around. Up to the hospital as often as possible and going out with Sam. BTW Hangovers are worse as you age! My folks came down to see the baby and it was nice to see them. My sister let me stay at her house a couple nights which was nice. I just don't get to see family and friends very often. Going to the city is nice but I need to get back to the country before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment