Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, December 24, 2010

KITH



A few days after finding Red I received an email from Stacy Apelt. He is in charge of the 2010 Knife In The Hat (KITH) on Bladeforums.com. Was my knife ready? What knife? Oh yeah. I signed up for this KITH in July on the forum. Luckily I did have a knife ready for the exchange. It happened to be a “Bee & Trout” that I made for a friend that wanted a skinner instead. This was a small forged knife that was crazy sharp and felt like a scalpel in the hand. All I needed to do was make a sheath for it and it would be ready to ship. The guy this knife was going to is Justin Reeder (ClemsonReeder) in Summerville, SC. It shipped out Dec. 9th, I hope he likes it.



So in the KITH you don’t know who is sending you a knife. The names are drawn at random and it is the luck of the draw. Well, after a long day at a really slow Holiday Bazaar Dec. 11th in Linden, TN I stopped to get the mail in a downpour. There was a bow inside waiting for me. Everything had to be unloaded from the truck before being ruined in the rain. With the work done I got my chance to open the box from Dan Pierson. Inside was a beautiful Nessmuck style knife that Geioge Washington Sears would have been happy to carry. It has lightly spalted stabilized curly maple handles, a 3/32” A2 blade that shaves and is accented with copper pins. This is a really awesome package that I will cherish for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment