Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011


YeeHaw! Got my knife from Larry Franklin yesterday. He asked me to review the knife to help him make higher quality knives. So Larry there is nothing I'm going to say that is in any way meant to be destructive criticism. I have merely made observations and pointing out things that can be looked at more closely on future knives. So here goes.

-The knife is packaged in a priority envelope. It would have fit in a small flat-rate priority box to offer more protection for the same price.
-I noticed that the sheath was dyed after stitching. If you dye before putting it together it will look more professional.
-Tip of the knife is thick and that's OK except the edge is thinner down the rest of the blade. We try to keep things consistent to achieve good edge geometry.
-Appears to be a little separation at the front of the handle between steel & liner.
Believe me I have had these same things on my own knives.

Whew! Now on to the GOOD stuff.
-I LOVE the knife! I put it on my belt after initial observations and it ain't coming off.
-Sheath looks good. Nice stitching, holds tight and simple the way I like.
-The amboyna burl handle looks gorgeous. Excellent wood choice.
-Knife feels good in the hand.
-Finish on the blade is real nice. Just the way I like it.

Overall my Li'l Bush is a Great knife. It is well made by a maker who cares about his product. The whole package is something that I will use over and over. I really can't wait till the chiggers and ticks are gone to run around the woods with it. The picture shows my new KITH and a new knife clipped in my pocket. It's a Kershaw Leek that I got from Knife Rights for joining their organization. Somehow my Kershaw Blur has been misplaced. Hope to find it soon.

Larry, Thank You my friend! I am thoroughly satisfied with my KITH from you. Don't think I could have received any better knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment