Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Shop-Till You Drop!





I have planned to enclose my main work area of the shop for the last few years.  Yeah years.  After buying supplies here and there I was finally ready to get this thing rolling. My plan was to put up walls and a ceiling so that I could cool or heat the area easily and have a much more comfortable work environment while making knives.  



This journey started with cleaning a spot for the mill/drill.  From there it sorta snowballed. 5/19/15


Took a while to move things out and open things up, but walls are being built. 5/23/15



Here you can see things coming around.  Walls are mostly done and ceiling has been started.  This stuff is heavy! 6/9/15




Trying to gussy the place up a bit so I painted the big shop doors. You can see the difference a little bit of paint makes.  They really look good. 6/16/15




Walls and ceiling are complete.  Lights are up.   Got a used door at a local place and put it in.  Sure makes a difference. 6/21/15



Painted the inside white where I could and painted the floor gray.  It is such a different work area now.  Slowly moving my stuff back in there, but I have to figure out dust removal.  This will come in the near future.  Can’t do everything at once, especially since it took years to start.
 

I gotta say that doing this wore me out!!!  It’s taking some time to actually want to go in and get work started.  Trying to organize as much as I can right away, before I get all the knives going.  Soon enough I won’t even remember what it was like before. 

Next post is some of the stuff that happened recently.

Thanks for watching.

1 comment:

  1. If you want cheap knives and is online best knies buy wholesale.If you want cheap knives and is online best knies buy wholesale.Cheap Knives

    ReplyDelete