Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

franklin's Avatar

Cool action pics from my kith knife (by patrick)
Well guys no one ever said i was a gentle guy, so here's some shots of my knife in action.
Let me start buy saying i was very pleased with this knife when I received it, good look to it and feel was a little worried at first at how thick the edge was but got over that in a hurry once i started cutting, granted she's no razor, but after cutting 2 2x4s in half she sliced through some   7 oz leather rather easy. All and all Patrick made a great camp knife that i will use for a long time to come.
The only thing i would change is by making the guard a little longer. When swinging with force, my finger slid forward into the bottom edge of the guard. And then that was not that large of a deal either.

So in the end i got a awesome knife that i really enjoy, great job Patrick. This one will stay in my family for many years!!!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name: 100_3678.jpg 
Views: 8 
Size: 96.1 KB 
ID: 33196   Click image for larger version. 

Name: 100_3680.jpg 
Views: 7 
Size: 95.9 KB 
ID: 33197   
 
here's some more pics
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name: 100_3685.jpg 
Views: 6 
Size: 97.3 KB 
ID: 33198   Click image for larger version. 

Name: 100_3686.jpg 
Views: 6 
Size: 92.9 KB 
ID: 33199   Click image for larger version. 

Name: 100_3684.jpg 
Views: 7 
Size: 89.3 KB 
ID: 33200
 
Thanks for the cool posting Larry. That was only the second time I've done a guard like that and the first one is still on a shelf somewhere. I don't have one of the fancy hammers that Joe Keeslar uses to forge the guards. I made do, but will make them bigger from now on. I really appreciate the input. The edge was convexed cuz it was a little thick. It sure tears through 2x4's. That was some tough steel there, hope it serves you well my friend.
Cani Credimus - In Dog We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment