Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Review: The ViKtim pt 2

Next was some easy stuff.



Started cutting some ½” poly rope for a while along with some fabric/poly machine belts and very old 3” wide leather machine belt.  


I was scouring the shop for stuff to demolish. Came up with an old deer leg. While chopping this I really wanted a thong hole tube with a lanyard.


Next an old deer skull was stabbed half a dozen times. It took a LOT of force to stab it through the top of the skull. I smashed it to bits with the Viktim.


Stabbed an old car hood(pre crumple zone paper thin) a bunch of times as hard as I could but it would only just penetrate through. Couldn’t get more that a ¼” slit so I grabbed a 3# deadshot hammer and smashed it through like butter. There was no indication that I did ANYTHING to this frickin’ knife.   


Last but not least eating not beating. Ribeye steak and shrimp on the grill with fresh green beans. Mmmmmmm. It cut that steak like crazy.  Can't tell but that steak left some patina on the blade.

Now it’s off to the next perpetrator. I don’t think you can make it submit like a true victim. This was a pleasure to test. I’m seriously gonna have to look into having John make something for me. One of these days.  I'll carry it around till I ship it off.  It is a beast.  Here is the link to the full forum review.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/913609-JK-Knives-Torture-Test-Passaround!

In My Opinion: This knife performed really well.  If I was going to order one I would  certainly have some handle modifications.  It needs a lanyard hole.  When chopping with it, sometimes it wants to fly away.  That could present a danger to those around you.  I would also take some of  the bulk away from the handle.  Otherwise this knife was a pleasure to beat up and it took the licking with zero adverse effects.  Great knife.

Next review should be a Spyderco folding knife, then I believe I have a KFU coming some time in the future.  Brad, the guy that made the combat tomahawk said he will probably send a different one for me to try.  This is fun and really helps me to understand knives better through destructive testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment