Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Review: The ViKtim pt. 1

The Viktim

I received the Viktim Wed. May 2nd in the mail from BrewCityMike along with some knife scales for me to work on.   This was from BladeForums.com for JK Knives.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/913609-JK-Knives-Torture-Test-Passaround!

Initial impression is this bad boy has definitely been used. RWT went through all the specs so I’ll go over whatever I can. It is a beefy blade with a FFG. The tip is thicker than most…I’ll test that later. The blade thickness is just right in my opinion. It doesn’t need to be too thick to be stout. There is a nice patina going on. The design is pleasing and looks well adapted to a multitude of chores. I know the handle is just for abuse but it would feel better with the edges rounded and a touch smaller, IMO.

I took it to the shop and touched up the edge a little and it shaved easily.

Testing starts………………Now!


Stuck into an oak tree on first throw.
 

Chopped and batonned up some 5/4 seasoned pine. Batoned some electrical wire into a bunch of little bits.     


Stabbed the crap out of an old mailbox.


Punched a hole in ¾” ply, then chopped a V into it. Ended it for the night knowing it is kicking butt.      



Okay, well I took the Viktim over to the water plant. It has a 24” diameter piece of PVC water pipe laying out back. That piece of pipe destroyed another pass around item yesterday. The first whack with the Viktim knocked out an oval chunk 5/8 x 2” and 3/8” deep. I kept whacking hard and could hear chips whizzing past my ears literally like bullets. There was no damage at all to to the edge. I was really impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment