Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Whew!!!!!




































Another one bites the dust. I am so glad that the Franklin, TN “2011 Pumpkinfest” is behind me. There was so much work done for this show. It is time to relax a little before the next show.

The day started out a little on the rough side. One of my headlights was out. That happened to be the good one that died. The other was so dim you really could hardly see the line on the side of the road. We made it through the windy road that turns into the highway. Uh-oh there is Super Fog hitting us and I can’t see 50 feet ahead of me, it’s dark and there is no letup of this dang fog. Now Leslie is starting to get car sick and it’s still dark out. We finally made it to the show and got things set up with plenty of time before the show starts.

We could not believe how many people attended Pumpkinfest. So many nice folks stopped by to check out the goods. It took a long time before we made the first sale but after that things seemed to go very smoothly. There were a lot of folks dressed up for Halloween. We’ll be back next year to get those customers that wanted to buy, but were unsure of a new vendor.

Finally Finished

So I’ve had 2 gorgeous knives for my friend completed for some time now. He wanted two similar knives to be used for camping. We worked out a design and the blades were cut and ground. Handle material and sheath styles were decided upon. Next I talked him into matching Fire Stix to add to the sheath.

These knives gave me my first attempt at wood stabilizing. The handle materials picked were quilted maple for his wife and spalted sycamore for his brother-in-law. It was easier than I thought it would be to stabilize. It just takes a little time and patience. The vacuum was on for 1 ½ hours to get the juice drawn in well. The only thing I didn’t care for was the smell of the stabilizing chemical-Nelsonite. I left the blanks sit out for months before I cut them and got them ready to attach to the knives.

Preparing for my fall shows kept me from working on the sheaths for longer than I had hoped. When I was working on the sheaths for all the other knives these were fitted and formed and…..I didn’t get the loop for the Fire Stix right. The sheaths had to be redone. That is always a bummer but hey, it was the first time for the fire stix loop and I eventually got it worked out.

He received both knives on November 4th and he was very excited to say the least.

X-Mas In The Park

X-Mas In The Park at Pickwick Convention Center Dec. 9-10, 2011 is the next show for us. This will be the shows 7th year running and our first. Hopefully it will prove to be a great show to attend. We are currently looking for another stocking stuffer that we can sell the heck out of. Look forward knife to seeing knife Y’all there to knife shop for that knife special gift.

1 comment: