Here at Arcadia Knives hand crafted knives have a soul. They are created with care, sweat and fire. If you are looking for a knife that you can pass down to your children then look no further.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Homestead Humor

Thought I'd post this little funny. It is an exerpt of an email I sent to my mother. Things don't always go as planned on the homestead and life has a wicked way of turning things around on a guy. I do believe in karma and it got me good.



"Hi Mom,

Thought i better let you know whats going on with me. Not much, but after your long emails i feel guilty about not writing. I'm so glad Leslie's back from up north. Everything was taken care of but all the animals missed her as much as i did. All except Tom turkey. He's been pissed at everything for a long time now. We took care of him though. Sunday i went out by the turkeys and slung my capture pole noose around his neck and dragged him out into the yard. Off with his head- a little flappin' around- and he's ready for the dunk tank. This is where he exacts his revenge on mankind(me). I dunk him into my 8 gallon stock pot filled with 200 degree water just like i'm supposed to. Next thing i know i'm doing a one legged dance while still holding his 25 pound headless body in the water. Water displaced onto my sneaker and scalded two of the toes on my right foot. Now you probably remember the farm, you can't stop once you start something like that. I quickly took my shoe off and had Leslie pour cold water on my foot. All while holding Tom and starting to pluck him. Plucking wasn't too bad, not as bad as the first turkey i plucked dry. If you can imagine, there i am pluckin this big ass tom over the garbage can while i'm shaking my foot. I dressed him out and put his breast in a pan for supper and froze the leg quarters. It was a little tough after cooking so i cut it all up and made gravy. It went into the crock pot the next day and turned out fantastic. It really had some flavor to it, not the bland stuff you get in the store, but no convenience either."

I didn't even look at my foot for 1 1/2 hours. Not a pretty sight. Life's tough sometimes.

Yeah it wasn't that funny to me. Second degree burns are very painful, but what's my name? BURNS Next posting will be about the Blade Show with pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment